If you’re anything like me and the rest of our Brilliant Business Moms community, you feel right at home with the mission of Christy Wright’s Business Boutique. My team and I have loved this event since its inception, and we always come away inspired and ready to work harder.
We thought it would be fun to poll our community and ask what they plan to bring, wear, and do at The Business Boutique. Here’s what they had to say!
- “Don’t forget business cards and a professional-looking bag for your laptop or notebook. And a water bottle!” – LeAnne of Glimsen
- A notebook or journal.
- Your own groceries. (Many of our moms are planning to stay together in an Airbnb. They’re meal planning and planning to bring groceries. Not only is eating-in a fabulous way to stay on budget, it’s a super way to build community.)
- “I’m bringing my vintage suitcase I normally use for displaying product in, so I can fit the snacks. LOL” – Julie of Tokyo Blossom Boutique
- “Layers and comfy shoes!” – Whitney of Hale Brock Interiors
- “Comfy skirt, top, shoes, and a cardigan. Professional looking, but comfy.” – Angela of Little Monkeys Designs
(Beth Anne chiming in again! I’m a big fan of wedge booties at the moment. Dress up those jeans and make dresses look more funky and less formal!)
- “The Business Boutique provides head shots for you to use in your business, so it might be good to prepare for that!” – Whitney of Hale Brock Interiors
- Christy Wright herself encourages people to prepare for their breakout sessions. We completely agree! Look at your breakout sessions and do research on the speakers beforehand. What’s your goal in the session. If you could ask one question, what would it be? You’ll get more out, more you put in!
- Sit with someone new during a session.
- Make a spending plan. (This is a Dave Ramsey event, after all!)
To wrap up, my team member Carlee put it best. “Bring your desire to network, and your friend meter, and be ready to meet a ton of brilliant business moms like you!”
Well said, Carlee. We’ll see you there!